§ 1 Preamble
The MAICO web pages are an offering from Maico Elektroapparate-Fabrik GmbH (hereinafter referred to as MAICO). MAICO uses its website to inform customers and interested parties about the individual brands of the Maico group. We attach great importance to protecting your personal data as we collect, process and use it during your visit to the MAICO web pages. We only collect, process and use your details as specified by law, as prescribed for example in the German Data Protection Act (BDSG), German Telemedia Act (TMG) or the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The MAICO web pages are in line with the regulations as laid down in the data protection regulations. This grants you the user of these web pages peace of mind that your personal rights and the right to informational self-determination are being observed and granted. The following declaration gives you explanatory information about how we handle your data.
§ 2 Data collection and processing, usage of person-related data
(1) You can visit the MAICO web pages without giving any information about yourself. MAICO is constantly working on improving and updating the information provided on its web pages for customers and interested parties in order to raise the appeal of its website. To this end, each time the MAICO web pages are accessed, data regarding the request for the website is stored (visitor, usage, origin and Web technology). This data is not assigned to any natural person and is only used by MAICO for internal and statistical purposes (hereinafter referred to as "visitor data").
(2) In order to make use of certain functions and to improve the appeal of its web pages, MAICO uses so-called cookies. These are text files that are stored on your computer. Most of the cookies used by MAICO are deleted from your hard drive at the end of the browser session (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your computer and enable MAICO to recognise your computer the next time you visit us (so-called long term cookies). You can, however, modify your browser settings so that you are informed when cookies are sent, allowing you to decide on a case-to-case basis whether to accept them or not or you can generally exclude the acceptance of cookies. However, the non-acceptance of cookies may restrict the full functionality of the MAICO website.
(3) When visiting the MAICO web pages, data is collected and stored in an anonymised form for marketing and optimisation purposes, through the deployment of web analysis software. Using the acquired visitor data, MAICO creates anonymised user profiles for the purposes of promotion, market research and to improve the appeal of the information on offer. It is not however possible to identify you as a person from this information. Visitor data is not passed on to third parties.
(4) Use of Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and that enable analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the US and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is enabled on this website, Google will truncate your IP address beforehand within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and truncated there. On behalf of the operating company of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website usage and Internet usage to the website operator.
- The IP address transmitted from your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data held by Google.
- You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent possible. You may also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
- This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. As a result, IP addresses are truncated before further processing; the possibility of associating them with a specific person can thus be excluded. Insofar as the data collected about you is assigned a personal reference, it will be immediately excluded and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
- We use Google Analytics to analyse and improve the use of our website on a regular basis. With the acquired statistics, we can improve our site and better design it to be more interesting to you as a user. For exceptional cases in which personal information is transferred to the US, Google has submitted itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
- This website also uses Google Analytics for cross-device analysis of visitor traffic conducted through a user ID. You can disable cross-device analysis of your use in your customer account under “My Data”, “Personal Data”.
- You can prevent the collection of your data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set to prevent your data from being collected on future visits to this site: disable Google Analytics.
(5) Names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses or other contact data (hereinafter referred to as "personal data") are not recorded unless you have provided the data voluntarily. This may be the case, for example, when contacting us via the contact form or by e-mail. With regard to the deletion of details and the withdrawal of consent, we would also advise you to refer to § 5 of this declaration.
(6) If you have provided MAICO with personal data via the information system, MAICO only uses this data to respond to your requests and enquiries. In particular MAICO uses your details to provide any information you have requested (by phone, e-mail or by post). If you have provided your e-mail address and other contact details, MAICO will send you the corresponding information. The data you provide is stored in a file or in an e-mail program and used for the correspondence to provide the information requested. If you have sent MAICO an enquiry via the information page, MAICO will forward this to the corresponding contact. Person-related data will be collected and processed for the following services and functions:
- Request about the contact form: first name, surname, telephone, e-mail address and the message to us
- Inclusion of Google Maps
(1) This website uses the Google Maps service. This allows us to present you with interactive maps directly on the website and enables convenient use of the map function.
(2) Upon visiting the website, Google receives information that you have retrieved the corresponding sub-page from our website. In addition, the data specified in S. 3 of this statement are also transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether Google has furnished a user account which you are logged on to or whether no user account exists. If you are logged on to Google your data will be directly assigned to your account. To prevent assignment to your profile by Google you must first sign out. Google stores your data as a user profile and uses this profile for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Analysis of this kind is carried out (including for users not logged on), in particular, for the presentation of demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of this user profile; to exercise this right you will need to contact Google accordingly.
(3) Further information on the purpose and extent of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be obtained from the privacy statements of the provider. You will also find additional information regarding your commensurate rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has agreed to comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework
§ 3 Dissemination of person-related data
Your person-related data is treated with confidentiality at all times. Your personal data will not be disseminated, sold or passed on in any other way to third parties unless MAICO is obliged by law or a court ruling to do so or if such action is needed for prosecution or law enforcement should MAICO's IT infrastructure be attacked.
§ 4 External links
§ 5 Safety instructions
MAICO strives to take all the necessary technical and organisational security measures to store your person-related data such that it is not accessible to either third parties or the general public. If you contact us by e-mail, we would advise you that we cannot ensure the confidentiality of any information provided. Third parties may access the content of e-mails. We would therefore advise you to send us confidential information exclusively by post.
§ 6 Right to information, cancellation and deletion
You have the following rights with respect to MAICO:
- Right to free information about your data
- Right to correction, blocking or deletion of your data
- Right to object to the processing of your data
- Right to data portability of your data
- Right to limit the processing of your data
- Right to make a complaint to a data protection authority about the processing of personal data
For this, please contact the party responsible or the contact person for data protection.
§ 7 Data protection manager
In the event of questions regarding the collection, processing or use of your person-related data and for information, rectification, refusal of access or deletion of data and the revocation of consents granted, please contact:
Unternehmens- und Datenschutzberatung
Dipl.-Ing. Jörg Hagen
Tel. 05108 90 90 112
§ 8 Name and contact details of controller pursuant to Article 4 (7) GDPR
Version: Date 25/05/2018